How much does it cost to start a Pelican’s?
The initial investment range noted in the Franchise Disclosure Document is $70,750-$209,800.
Does Pelican’s SnoBalls offer financing options?
Pelican’s Snoballs is pleased to announce our partnership with the top Franchise Financing company in the country! Guidant Financial is dedicated to customizing a personal financing plan just for you! They offer a suite of 6 different financing options that can be stacked together to achieve your goals of financing your Pelican’s Snoballs business venture.
401(K) Business Financing:
- Debt-free way to start a business
- No collateral needed
- No tax penalties
- Term loans with competitive interest rates
- Access to 3,600+ lenters
- Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated loan consultant
- Single loan application
- Rapid loan package analysis and approvals
- No liquidation of existing securities
- Low-interest rates
- Deferred payments if opening a new franchise (up to 24 months)
- Flexibility with revolving line of credit
- Low introductory interest rates
- No collateral needed
- Helps build business credit
- No use of proceeds requirements
SBA $150K Loan
- Low down payments
- No collateral needed
- Fast funding
- Quick funding
- Low deposit
- Up to 60-month term
- Interest rate 6.99-13.90%
Click our FREE Pre-Qualification Link now to see what financing options you may qualify for, and schedule a free discovery day with our dedicated Guidant Finance Specialist!
Potential Revenue Opportunities?
The Pelican’s SnoBalls model is designed to be scalable focusing on market-leading high profit margins, and low start-up costs. Offering Multi-Unit development and Mobile event opportunities, the success and scalability of your business is completely up to you. Please see our FDD for more Revenue information.
What if I’ve never owned a business before?
We are so excited to work with you! We find that most of our franchisees are first-time business owners, and we are dedicated to teaching you everything we know about running your business and creating a Legacy for your family!
Why should I choose Pelican’s?
We truly believe there is no other business-like Pelican’s SnoBalls. You will find that you are doing much more than shaving snoballs- you are building communities and creating a destination atmosphere that families and friends from all around will come to enjoy. You are changing lives, one SnoBall at a time.
What is the Franchise Fee & Royalties?
The Franchisee Fee is $20,000 per location, and the monthly Royalty is 8%.
How active do I need to be in running my store as an Owner?
The Franchise Agreement does not require you to be a full-time direct Owner-Operator of the Store, although we encourage and recommend active participation by you. We do, however, suggest that you or your Operating Principal devote full time, energy, and best efforts to the management and profitability of your business.
Can I do Mobile Events?
Yes, we love getting out in the community and sharing the World’s Best Snoball with everyone! All of our Franchisees have the option to offer Mobile Events based from their existing store front, and this can be a great way to take your business to the next level. Please note that you cannot offer Mobile Events if you do not already have a storefront in which to operate out of.
What will I get for my Franchise Fee and Royalties?
- You will be given our expertise and guidance throughout the start-up and operation of your business.
- We will provide an extensive initial training program, at a location we designate, along with providing additional training on-site at your Pelican’s Snoballs Franchise.
- We may provide a prototype and specifications for constructing the Store and for the exterior and interior design and layout, fixtures, furnishings, equipment, and signs.
- We may, if you do not already operate a Store under the System, provide a representative to be present at the Store’s opening.
- We may provide additional on-site pre-opening and opening supervision and assistance to the extent we deem it advisable.
- We will lend you a copy our Confidential Owner’s Manual (COM) for the duration of the Franchise Agreement, which is comprised of almost 20 years of Operating successful Pelican’s Snoballs Businesses!
- You will be granted access to our vast network of seasoned Pelican’s Snoballs Franchisees.
- We will be on site multiple days during the Grand Opening of your new Franchise making sure the store passes our initial inspection and everything runs smooth.
How long will it take to open my Pelican’s Franchise?
We estimate that the time period after finding an Approved Site to the start of operations at the Franchised Business will be approximately one to three months, but this may vary on a case-by-case basis. Factors which may affect this time period include your ability to locate a site, negotiate a lease, secure financing, obtain necessary permits and licenses, construct or build-out facilities for the Franchised Business, weather conditions, construction delays, and obtain furniture, fixtures, equipment and supplies.
Will Pelican’s help me find an Approved building?
Ultimately the responsibility of searching for a building will fall under the prospective franchisee. When we are considering approval for a site for a PSB Store Business, we consider factors such as general location and neighborhood; demographics; location of the site in relation to other businesses; availability of utilities; the proposed lease or sublease; ingress and egress; utilities; and zoning issues. It will be our discretion which buildings are adequate or not.
How much training will I do?
Initial training may include web-based training that you can complete at home, one day of classroom and four days of on-the-job training at our headquarters or another location we choose, and up to four days of support at the location of your Store.
What are the next steps to becoming a part of the Pelican’s Family?
Great Question, you are almost there! Opening a Pelican’s is as easy as 1,2,3!
1. Franchisee Approval Process
- Submit Franchise Interest Form (please note that each principle owner of the business will need to go through the entire Franchisee Approval Process)
- Schedule your Discovery Call with our Franchise Development Team
- Go through our Background and Credit Check process
- Accept your approval of being awarded a Pelican’s SnoBalls Franchise!
2. Site Selection Process
- Identify an area that is open for development
- Work with our expert team to secure approval of a property suitable for a Pelican’s SnoBalls Franchise
- Secure a Lease/Purchase Agreement on an approved property
3. Franchise Development Process
- Execute your Franchise Agreement
- Work with our team to layout and guide the up-fitting of your building
- Complete our Corporate Training Program
- GRAND OPENING!